All applicants are required to complete the selection process before an offer can be made.
All students selected will be completing the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme. The process outlined evaluates a student's ability to gain from a UWC education as well as complete the IB Diploma Programme. Further information about the IB Diploma Programme is available on the College website and www.ibo.org.
- Application Period: 17 September 2018 to 22 November 2018
- A Complete application includes:
a) The applicable Online Application Forms (Form H)
b) Parent Statement (Form P)
c) Recommendation Form (Form R)
d) Last 2 years of school report
Aptitude Test (Sunday 2 December 2018)
- All applicants who have submitted a complete application will be invited to take a mandatory aptitude test. Applicants should ensure that they are available to participate.
- The aptitude test will take approximately 3 hours and will be divided into four sections: Reading Comprehension, Written Expression, Mathematical Reasoning and Abstract Reasoning.
- Aptitude Test Date: 2 December 2018 (Sunday)
- Venue: Li Po Chun United World College of Hong Kong (LPCUWC)
- Time: 3 hours in the morning or afternoon
Challenge Day (Sunday 20 January 2019)
- Shortlisted applicants are invited to attend Challenge Day at LPCUWC, where they will participate in different group activities. The purpose of the activities is to gain a better understanding of the candidates, to evaluate their suitability to a UWC environment and for them to get a taste of interacting with current and ex-UWC students.
- Challenge Day: 20 January 2019 (Sunday)
- Venue: LPCUWC
- Time: 8:15am to 5:30pm
Panel Interview (February - March 2019)
- A final short list of applicants will be invited to a panel interview, during which the candidate's understanding of current events, attitudes towards serving others and philosophy of life are explored.
- For applicants applying through the UWC Scholarship Scheme, a Financial Circumstances Data Form has to be returned at the Panel interview for the applicant to be considered for a scholarship award.
- Panel Interview Dates: February - March 2019
- Venue: LPCUWC
Notification of Offers (finalised by June 2019)
- Overseas UWC Schools and Colleges
Successful applicants will be notified of their preliminary UWC offer and scholarship award by early April 2019. Once the applicants have accepted the preliminary offer, they will be officially nominated to the respective UWC schools and colleges. Final confirmation of offer from the overseas UWC schools and colleges will be in May 2019.
Successful applicants will be notified of their offer from LPCUWC by April 2019. The amount of scholarship awarded will be notified by June 2019.
Note to Hong Kong applicants who are currently overseas